Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Amazing Adventure

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rorin_V
Low Journeyman
Low Journeyman
Rorin_V

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:
The Amazing Adventure Left_bar_bleue120/1000The Amazing Adventure Empty_bar_bleue  (120/1000)

The Amazing Adventure Empty
PostSubject: The Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 6:29 pm

It's come to my attention that many people have not received the first email regarding the first stage of The Amazing Adventure event that will run all week.

I figured since I got a copy of the email from someone else, I would post it here so that others can solve the riddle, too. Yes, I've solved it; no, I won't tell you the answer. Very Happy

Amazing Adventure in Secret of the Solstice
Solve the Puzzle to Help Save Adeline

Welcome to the Amazing Adventure. This is a weeklong event with a series of tasks and puzzles for players to enjoy. The outcome of each task will lead you to the next clue until finally you have completed the Amazing Adventure. Everyone can join in the event, and at the end each winner will be given an awesome prize.

Solve puzzles, search for hidden clues and take a trip around the world of Xen. It's time for an amazing adventure!

Part 1 – Saving Adeline

Months have passed since Princess Adeline was taken from us. The rebellion has tries its best to keep the morale high for the troops, practically acting like nothing has happened. Captain Break has been very busy lately. He tells everyone that he's hard at work, but they know little about what he's really been doing…..

Captain Break will soon be contacting his most trusted followers with additional details on this important mission!

May 16, 2008,

"Weeks have passed since our Princess was taken. The trail is cold but I keep searching for clues everywhere—past the Frozen Dungeon and to the corners of the desert sands. Alastor has taken great care to not leave a trace of where he is keeping Adeline, but I swear I will find her. I have to return to Essene and act like everything is ok. If the troops lose their morale, then Alastor and Marian's plan will have worked. The search must go on, and I will die before we let Xen fall to tyranny."

-Captain Break

June 10, 2008,

"I have news. I have managed to track a group of Alcons heading south into Alastor's Kingdom. They were protecting what appeared to be a convoy of supplies of food and water. I tried my best to stay as close as possible. The group stopped at the base of a huge mountain and a cloaked female Wizard stepped out of the convoy. With the flick of her wrist, a secret passage opened. I am going in to investigate further. I will send word to all of you of my findings. Each message will be sent in code and hidden. I have asked my most trusted friends in all of Xen to help."

-Captain Break

.vy lg hivzkkz vs gzsd g'mhr vS
.wvzs hrs mr ivdlou z hivzd vS
.ivkvvp gvixvh vsg ilu woorsmbiy lg pllo
.GHK NK 00:4 gz 8002 ,91 vfmQ mL

Last edited by Dre_Lovely on Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Caz Dre needed to sticky it :-p)
Back to top Go down
Rorin_V
Low Journeyman
Low Journeyman
Rorin_V

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:
The Amazing Adventure Left_bar_bleue120/1000The Amazing Adventure Empty_bar_bleue  (120/1000)

PostSubject: First Clue Solved   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:59 pm

As the event is already over, here is the solution to the first clue:

"He is not what he appears to be. He wears a flower on his head. Look to Brynhild for the Secret Keeper on June 19, 2008 at 4:00 PM PST."

We all met at the Crazy Old Man, who actually spoke! He told us he feared Mariane, and sure enough, she spawned monsters in the city. When the attack was over, the Crazy Old Man spoke again, and told us the next clue was "Slime Beans."

Thanks to Milotic, we now have the actual second clue, which reads:

On the Solstice, look for the equinox of flowers bloom. Where opinions are heard, General. Find the code and see the key. Story of Xen will show you the way."
Back to top Go down
Dre_Lovely
Leader
Leader
Dre_Lovely

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:
The Amazing Adventure Left_bar_bleue140/1000The Amazing Adventure Empty_bar_bleue  (140/1000)

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 11:25 pm

*wishes i knew what that meant* :-p (ANYWAYS: keep up the good job ladies ^^)
Back to top Go down
Rorin_V
Low Journeyman
Low Journeyman
Rorin_V

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:

PostSubject: Time for next clue...   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 10:35 am

http://www.earthsky.org/article/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-solstice-on-june-21

That translates to 7:59 PM Eastern, or roughly 8:00 PM

But I'm still stumped, people! I ran all around Bryn and Essene this morning looking for cherry blossoms, but nothing so far. I've scoured the general forums, but I'm still coming up short. So either the clue isn't there yet, or I'm just stupid. Crying or Very sad

So I'd say we have until 8:00 PM guild time to figure this out. Gotta go to work very soon, but I'll be on the case as soon as I get back.
Back to top Go down
Rorin_V
Low Journeyman
Low Journeyman
Rorin_V

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:08 am

OMG, this took so long, but at last we've found the next clue!

http://www.outspark.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56540

And the thread reads:

11-7
1-28,14,4,2
2-34,8
3-46,17,61,17,15,4,17,46
8-17
6-15
4-1,24
17-2,77,77,43,2,19.

1-6
16-15
12-8,11,52
14-2,10
6-5,3
6-5,7,1
9-1,10,56,k
8-17
4-1
5-1,a,4
3-1
1-8
11-1,2,3,23,5
7-1,2,4,39,46
15-3
1-8
7-1,4,11,46,7,43,2,46
10-2,3,a,8.

Words or letters.... What do you think?

The last line there is actually in the thread, it's not mine. So, hmm... This will take some time, but I hope we have until Monday, seeing as how the GMs take the weekend off. Get to work, fellow warriors of The Last Light!
Back to top Go down
Rorin_V
Low Journeyman
Low Journeyman
Rorin_V

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:14 am

It was really very clever how they hid the clue, too. The thread was entitled "Slime Beans" which was the second clue which led to the item description in the Cash Shop. The actual thread was listed as being posted on March 20th, which was the ~equinox~ and it was in the General Discussion forum.

I still haven't figured out what the Story of Xen has to do with this, but it might provide a clue to cracking the code.

Just my random thoughts.....
Back to top Go down
Durin Kaine
Leader
Leader
Durin Kaine

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:
The Amazing Adventure Left_bar_bleue140/1000The Amazing Adventure Empty_bar_bleue  (140/1000)

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:58 am

We are definitely going to be getting some type of sentence out of it, since there are periods at the end of each section...There is no trick to that part of it...

I agree that the last part of the second clue is going to help with this...But how...?

"Find the code, and see the key:Story of Xen will show you the way."
Back to top Go down
https://lastlight.forumotion.net
plasma12
Low Journeyman
Low Journeyman
plasma12

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 8:06 am

hey guys i was watching National Tresure and when they got to the decoding of the decleration of independance my mind was telling me "the code is prolly the same as this code here" not sure if i am right or not but i will post the story here so dont need two programs It is said that during days in a time long past, peace was more than an empty word. A great King, mighty and fair, ruled the land of Xen with responsibility entrusted to him by the gods before they left the mortal plane.
With this trust came the Solstice Sphere, an ancient and mysterious artifact possessing great power. In time the king married and the union yielded twin daughters, Adeline and Marian. They were like the sun and the moon, opposites but forever entwined with the future of Xen.

Time passed and the princesses grew, reaching womanhood before the eyes of their people. Adeline became a shining beauty, like the sun with a heart of gold. The people of Xen adored her. Always at her father's side, she watched and learned as the King went about his duties. With a thirst for knowledge, she learned from the greatest teachers in the land. It was her destiny to one day inherit the throne and become the kingdom's future.

While Adeline became like the sun, Marian grew to become the moon. In the shadow of her sister she became envious, and the darkness of jealousy soaked her heart. While admirers heaped endless praise on Adeline, seeds of bitterness and resentment began to grow in Marian. Hidden under the sheen of superficial happiness, they waited for the perfect moment to bloom.

Years passed, and the princesses approached the age of 18. On their birthday Adeline received a special gift from her parents—the Solstice Sphere! On that day the mysterious ancient relic passed from father to daughter. But it was far from a glorious occasion. A series of horrific events would soon take place and ultimately drench the land of Xen in the suffering it knows today.
Back to top Go down
plasma12
Low Journeyman
Low Journeyman
plasma12

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:18 am

i figured it out >: D

at 4PST look for the man with the bandaged head(these all look so hard but turn out so simple o_O)
Back to top Go down
Durin Kaine
Leader
Leader
Durin Kaine

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:45 pm

In order to solve clue number 3, you had to apply the code given in the Slime Beans post to the Story of Xen. Each first number (Before a Dash) indicated the line of the story to look at...Each following number indicated a letter at that position. The parts with only 1 line and letter number, however were referring to a whole word on the line. Single letters or numbers remained the same when decoding (such as the single 4 and the k).

Here is the message the solved code gave us:

"Marian must be defeated for Adeline to appear.
4 days from now at 4 PM PST look for the man with a white beard and a bandaged head."

The time tells us that we have to be by the person at 4PM PST on Tuesday (Found the message Friday, so Saturday(1), Sunday(2), Monday(3), Tuesday(4))

We at first though the indicated man was the mines guy, but he doesn't have a beard...
After searching around though, we discovered that Tecalph of Essene fit the description...
Just take a look at my first ever screenies to see...Very Happy

Here is a picture of me and Thoralf running by Tecalph to get a better look without seeming conspicuous...
https://i.servimg.com/u/f48/12/48/97/62/runbyt10.jpg

Here I am getting a better picture of Tecalph while remaining out of sight on the other side of the street...
https://i.servimg.com/u/f48/12/48/97/62/goodvi10.jpg
Back to top Go down
Dre_Lovely
Leader
Leader
Dre_Lovely

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 5:56 am

WOW!! thats ALL i got to say....all of ya'll amaze the hell outta me...and I'm just sooo glad ya'll are apart of TLL :-p!! keep up the good wrk everyone....and i will ne joinin ya'll in game tomorrow (today... now >.<) or mon.

and Dur....REALLY like what you've been doin with the forum soo far. everything looks REAL nice ;-p
Back to top Go down
plasma12
Low Journeyman
Low Journeyman
plasma12

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:34 am

at this rate we will have no problem with the rest of the clues Break can Throw at us.....(off topic for a sec) my avatar pwn joo all lol!
Back to top Go down
Durin Kaine
Leader
Leader
Durin Kaine

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:35 am

Okay, so we went to Telcaph and this is what he told us:

Tecalph wrote:

" A few days ago, I was finally healed of my injuries, so I went to go visit my nephew up in the snowy mountains. I was hiking along the path, trying to stay away from those huge bunnies. I HATE BUNNIES! On my way I saw a campfire in the distance. Out of couriosity I went to go check it out. When I got there I saw Captain Break. He was eating...(and he didn't give me any food)...but anyways, he told me to come back to Essene and tell you all something!
...and then a huge branch fell on my head...When I woke up he was gone and now I have a head injury again...so...he told me...I forgot!
Hmmm, let me think. I think it was a number or a letter...hmmm...it was like something with the #7...let me think for a moment......a headache...sorry...

*Everyone Dies During Troll Attack*

...Are they gone? Where was I? Where did they come from? My head hurts...I'm getting tired...Its getting dark now...The Light is fading...
zzzz ZZZZZZ... zzzz ZZZZZZ... zzzz somthing about... ZZZZZ... zzz "Something..." ZZZZZ... zzzzz... ZZZZZZZ... zzz "the number..." ZZZZZ.... zzzzzz se7en... ZZZZZ... zzzz ZZZZZZ... zzzz ZZZZZZ... zzzz ZZZZZZ... zzzz ZZZZZZ... zzzz "ouch" ZZZZZZ... zzzz ZZZZZZ... *drool* zzzz ZZZZZZ... zzzz ZZZZZZ... zzzz ZZZZZZ... zzzz ZZZZZZ... zzzz ZZZZZZ... zzzz se7en ZZZZZZ... zzzz ZZZZZZ... zzzz se7en ZZZZZZ..."

From that I looked on the front page of Solstice at the news post about the Solstice Se7en...And at the bottom was a nice hidden clue:
"J xjmm mvsf Nbsjbo joup uif bsfob. Kvof 35, QN QTU. Xbju bu Nbdcvhz't Epps gps bncutg."

This code was a simple cryptogram which read as follows when decoded:
"I will lure Marian into the arena. June 24, PM PST. Wait at Macbugy's Door for ambush."

We went to PvP 5 minutes after solving this, and stood around for a long time...X.x
Later we discover the original clue had been changed to the 27...X.x

So, sometime Friday evening the PvP will apparently be open for us to ambush Marian...
Back to top Go down
Rorin_V
Low Journeyman
Low Journeyman
Rorin_V

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:25 am

Quote :

You, my friend, have a gift for understatement. Very Happy It was more like we were lounging around in Eir, secure in our code-breaking prowess, gloating that this code was so easy to break when suddenly.... OMG, it's today! And there's a PvP event in five minutes!!!!! It's going to happen tonight; everybody to Brynhild now! Then we waited while the event happened, everybody gets teleported in for free-for-all PvP. We figure we have to survive until the top of the hour, which was about 15 minutes. Hour comes, and nothing. We pwned a couple people that were stupid enough to attack unprovoked, regrouped, waited.

Para Doom makes several suggestive shouts, but still nothing happens.... Random drops to distract people, still nothing...

Another hour passes by.... Just for the heck of it, we check to see if the code has been changed to include a time, when we discover it's been changed to show the correct date. Grumbling ensues about wasting time in PvP when we could have been out grinding......

Wasn't that a bit more interesting? Wink

MUCH more intresting. glad to see that you guys pwned during pvp as well :-p

MAJOR EDIT: ahhh whoopps!! how about i was wondering why the hell the post i just made said Rorin V and not Dre_Lovely onli to realize that instead of making my own post with the above quote...i ACCIDENTLY edited your post Rori >.< *we shall NEVER speak of such a mistake made by guild master again...OKAY?? DEAL!!*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: W have a time   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:51 am

Hey everybody,

they finally put a time into the hint. cheers
Back to top Go down
Rorin_V
Low Journeyman
Low Journeyman
Rorin_V

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 2:27 pm

Thoralf wrote:
Hey everybody,

Yes! And they also indicated what corner we should wait in.......
Back to top Go down
Dre_Lovely
Leader
Leader
Dre_Lovely

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:22 am

Rorin_V wrote:
Thoralf wrote:
Hey everybody,

Yes! And they also indicated what corner we should wait in.......

ohhh ohhh....i wanna kno....i wanna kno :-p
Back to top Go down
Durin Kaine
Leader
Leader
Durin Kaine

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 12:37 am

So, we discovered that Macbugys is the name of *several different building in Essene...We went to the one in the North East corner and found Break waiting for us...We were sent to PvP where we got to kill Marian...5 Times...xD

Adeline is safe (though very sleepy)...None of us got the +10 item, since they randomly awarded it to Celten's brother...We got consolations though...a three day CS Flower Tiara!!! *sarcasm*

Yay...I suppose... -_-
Back to top Go down
plasma12
Low Journeyman
Low Journeyman
plasma12

Guild Status Chart
Rank Points:

PostSubject: Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:36 am

anyone else wana pwn outspark for this -.-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Adventure   The Amazing Adventure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Adventure
Page 1 of 1